Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Our NEWly decided upon name!

So while we were in Hawaii...I brought up this topic once again. For me it's important to make sure we have a shared name because let's face it, when you tell people you're married that's one of the first outward appearances they look for. Now I know some of you may ask why I would want to subscribe to the masses or why I would care about outward appearances and such. But hear me out now...

To me legally changing our names means that we are taking our union just as seriously as we want others to. It will make life easier once everything else is in line. We have to draw up our wills, file for domestic partnership in California IF they don't repeal Prop 8, complete our medical advance directives and power of attorney. All this AFTER paying more to legally change our names in California because although our marriage license from MA will have our new name, California doesn't recognize our same-sex union as it stands today. THEN Cheryll has to legally adopt Jordan so that Jordan can receive our last name.

Do you see all the BS we have to go through??  Makes my head and my stomach hurt all at once! But I would never trade a second of it! Being with her and being her wife is the only thing that matters!

Drrruuuuummmmm roooooolllllllll pplllleeeaaaasseeee

Our new hybrid name will be......

ABRIO

Short, sweet, to the point!

We decided our name out of two choices which Cheryll came up with and did a coin toss, sitting at the outdoor bar at the Hilton Hawaiian Village on 10/17 while drinking. Yup...us in a shining moment hahaha

2 comments:

  1. Very cute name. I can't believe all the BS you have to go through with name changing but I know that it will work for you all in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll work out...I'm sure but I think, after hearing your feedback and the others on So You're EnGayged, the only real reason to do this is to align for Jordan's sake! That's our main concern. Should anything happen to me, she wants to stay in her home, and that's where Cheryll is. If the names are aligned and the paperwork all done then my hope is that no one on my side who would dare contest our wishes be able to win!

    ReplyDelete